SC Pipz: The Crazy Little Officers


              Life is full of crossroads. People come and go. You meet them, say hello, then wave your goodbyes. But there is certain type of people who stay longer than what is expected, who teach you life lessons not by giving you a boring lecture (just like our professors… no just kidding) but by showing you how things are supposed to be done, who simply leaves a mark…. Or maybe a scar.:D
                Three and a half years in college, I certainly had gone through crossroads. I won battles and I lost some of them. I experienced how it feels to be on top and I also had felt the pain when the world turned its back on me. Who cares, I live my life dangerously. I challenged myself by joining organizations.
                In one of these crossroads, I met 13 amazing people. We don’t have a name yet. But that doesn’t concern me as of now. What I really wanna tell you, my readers, is about their awesomeness that’s making my senior year extra special. You know them. You probably asked them for their signatures. You may have seen them in college events bringing boxes of zest-o or biscuits. This is the EPIC Student Council. Here’s a peek of what inside those crazy souls.

1. 3.      REANNE LEN C. ARLAN – El Presidente
She’s simply the best. Very good in managing the group. Imagine how able she is to control 13 crazy souls (some of them are isip bata) during meetings. It’s definitely challenging, especially when RC plays his phone during the meeting. Grrrr, I should have that game on my phone also so that I could spare myself from her torturing words. [Peace, Re.] A woman with character is a perfect tagline. Uhm, I was really looking forward seeing her on stage receiving her award being a Summa Cumlaude. But she wouldn’t. L And it was like doomsday for me when she said that to me. It feels so sad when I think she truly deserves that distinction. Well, I see her working her butt all night and her stories on how she survived her exams despite her extra-curricular activities proved that she isn’t the ordinary gal we meet everyday. However, she’s still on track saying that she’s settled being a Magna. Well, who wouldn’t? It’s not everybody who gets that award. One thing I like about her (and at the same time, I somehow dislike about her) is being too pleasant to everyone even someone deserves a public humiliation. She just can’t badmouth. And that’s one obvious thing that makes us different. So much for ticking her ego, it’s great meeting a person like her who have high dreams.

 3.      AROBE GOLING II
Unknown to many, this gigantic stout debater has fragile heart. His stories about his friends proved that he certainly is a friend to be treasured for a lifetime. He always has this aim on his forehead like “Hey guys, I want to graduate with Laude.” This goal doesn’t come easy though, and yes, he is too diligent to achieve this. A very well-determined kid, he always sees to it that he gives his 101% effort in all of his subjects. Though his questioning about major subjects sometimes irritates me like how (insert name of professor here) gives exam, his goal is crystal clear. That is good thing. If one wants to be successful, he has to precisely define his goal. And this kid, we call Bebe-Arobe, is a perfect example on how a real university student should act.

3.       MARIA DISTRESSA GENITA
Add letter “L” in her surname, and the whole council laughed out loud. Really? Yes! This four-eyed beauty is the sexy-tary. That smile is a smile no one can neglect. She has this super sweat voice like she can’t even shout like Pomoy does. I wish, Pomoy will arrive to her senses and one day stopped shouting. The phrase “Saving my first kiss” reminds me of this jolly gal. And oh, she also is very godly.

4.       RONEIL CHRISTIAN ALONDAY
I’ve known this wild guy since my first days in college. And he’s simply annoying in a good way. He talks a lot but he often tops exams. Argh, I wish I could put his name below mine in the roster of top examinees. But he’s far better than me. Fact accepted! Here’s one proven good fact about him: He is a secret-buster! He busted one great secret and I and Re knew it which is far better off when kept as secret. :D Ok I would be honest, of all my batchmates, he’s the best for me. No, he’s not running for Summa cumlaude nor Magna. But he has shown a different level of intellectual prowess. I remember one incident (I don’t know if this is true), he read an inch-thick book in Invertebrate Biology for one single day! AHHH-mazing! I read that book chunk by chunk for days. And yes, most of the time, he’s crazy……….. crazy in love with JhUnna! HAHAH!  I know, if she reads her name wrongly spelled, she gets annoyed. Haha [evil laugh]:D

5.       SELINA MAE ENARIO
Do you remember the CNSM Foundation Day parade? The girl who acted like crazy majorette is this pretty Physics student. And oh, have you watched the Comical Skit? She was also part of that. Don’t ask of her role. You would just laugh. Seriously? You really wanna know. Contact me, I have a video of her crazy little acting. She really has a future in ShowBiz. That acting was all impromptu. See how talented she is! She got hospitalized recently and when I asked the doctor’s diagnosis, the only single word she remembered out of the long explanation is “acute”. You see how amazing her memory?! Lin is no doubt good in formulas and numbers. That makes her perfect as auditor.

6.       AMER HUSSEIN DOMADO
This ISED graduate is my clubmate in three organizations – SC, Scientia, and IQC. He was a schoolmate in grade school. He attends meetings although sometimes late. And I can’t oh-cry him. Hahaha!

7.       MOHSIN BATUA
I have been very very rude to Mohsin before 2012 ended. And I’d like to take this chance to ask an apology for I have certainly hurt his feelings. With those unkind and razor blade rebuttals, I’m very much pretty sure I have made him feel little. I should have chosen better words to express my thoughts. For that, I apologize. My only regret though is some people have seen how dragon-ish I am. Heck, some of my friends and RC were there close to us. Despite all the unfortunate events that unfolded, I’m still glad to be working with him.

8.       MARISSA BALATERIO
They call her “Ate Mars” but I call her “Mars!” See how disrespectful I am?! And please, don’t blame my parents. They have nothing to do with me being disrespectful. Until know, I still have difficulty grasping the thought that the shy and timid Mars who wouldn’t like to have the spotlight has actually amassed enough courage and joined the MS. CNSM years ago! How amazing!? Actually, we have two more MS. CNSM contenders before – Desa and Selin. WOW! How lucky I am to be surrounded by beautiful ladies – inside and out! Mars has always been on the go.

9.       REYMOND DAMASCO
This lad seems familiar the first time I saw him. He just told me why. He boarded on us. Mon is not really talkative, a total opposite of Reanne who never ran out of stories. He just sit on the corner with Soy, who also doesn’t talk much also during meetings even we had a new policy – Anyone who refuses to talk gets fined. That new office policy doesn’t seem to scare them to death. But Mon proved that being talkative is not necessary to become an important part of the council. His being always silent but always willing to do a job has made him a vital part of the council. Keep up the good work, Mon. And please, speak in our next meeting. REANNE, I guest Mon and Soy have to preside one of our meetings to force them to speak. HAHA!

10.   JOHN WYN DORADO
Like Mon, Soy doesn’t talk much also. But he is so far the most reliable member of the council, as far as my judgment is concerned. He has never failed me. He always makes himself available for SC unlike others (including me sometimes, hahah) who always have million reasons not to attend meetings. No, I’m not bitter! :D Of all us 14, I give my commendation to Soy. He is a perfect team player who knows exactly his role and duties. He’s willing to do extra work if necessary. He’s really silent though. Yeah, silent and quiet. He got this amazing talent in knot-tying. I envy him for that. He doesn’t speak much, but he does finish a work.

11.   BERMAE MELICOR
Being the 11th people to be described proved that my vocabulary is minimal. Bem is Reanne’s partner-in-crime. Very similar to Desa, she speaks so sweat like a young girl and sometimes she’s teased because of her ‘uhm’ voice. She is super-duper in love as of press time.

12.   JOMELYN POMOY
Another four-eyed beast, Pomoy has the loudest voice of all the officers. She just can’t make that tone lowered as if there’s something in her vocal cords that everyone doesn’t have. She also is a writer of Scientia and as of press time, she has never failed me so far. She may appear hell serious, but she is a gag also. Not so obvious, Pomoy is a sensitive being. She always invites the council to go out for a lunch out and get-together bonding.

13.   SALIHA NACIONAL
She’s a relative. Uhm technically not, but we have some people that we share. And it’s complicated. So I don’t want to venture on it. This gal is dependable although her looks contradicts her personality. She is overly jolly and always smiling. And oh, never invite her into a movie marathon. Why? In more or less 30 minutes, she can finish a 90-minute movie. See how fast forward her pace?! She’s very talkative, like she talks about everything. But once the meeting starts, she keeps quiet. Not because she has nothing good to say, but rather, she’s afraid she gets fined by using Bisaya or Meranao to express her ideas.  

Life they say is simply amazing. Life is indeed ahh-mazing! :D

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts