My Amazing 2012

I promised to write more this year and update my blog more often. Although I know for a fact that no one is visiting and reading my blog (L), I will still write for I need to develop my craft. It’s New Year! I should at least be very positive on things. The world celebrated the coming of another year through firecrackers, noise barrage, and street parties. Although we don’t celebrate New Year, I don’t neglect the fact that I somehow felt the spirit of celebration everywhere.

One reason to celebrate is the postponement of the end of the world. Another is the RH Bill finally becoming Reproductive Health Law. But before I embark into a new journey this year, I will at least recollect the blessings I received last year.

Me winning an SC spot
Although I wasn’t really the politician-ish type of person, I still managed to amass enough courage and ran for the student council. I never campaigned myself or sold myself to the voters. In fact, I considered SC election as a measurement of popularity, not platforms or leadership. But my department wasn’t really against me and voted for me. I was even the first vote. :D

Dean’s Lister… At Last!
The end of the 2nd semester AY 2011 – 2012 was great for my grade card. I got 1.0 in 3 subjects (10 units) and a good GPA. Because of this, my CGPA hiked as high as 1.686 and I finally made it to the list. This wasn’t really an easy one for me, considering that I have co-majs who are smarter than I am. I have to devour my long-time opponent – laziness! I think I made it coz I have made up my mind before the semester started. This is really important – to clearly define your goal for you to quantify how much of your effort, time, and resources are actually needed. And I really wanted it, so I exerted the effort that will make me land on the supposed spot.

Trip to Japan
My trip to Japan has taught me lots of things. One is how to interact with people with different views, beliefs, culture, language, and upbringing. Second is meeting nice people from different universities from private universities for what I think are for rich people only to state universities for not-so-rich ones. But it proved that we are all Filipinos, proud Filipinos. The tour around Kyoto, the Tokyo escapade, the Shinkansen experience, the Japanese food, the Ritsumeikan visit, the Tohoku region, the public bath, everything was worth a space in my memory bank. Biking with my okaasan (foster mom) to a market was something I will never forget. The bruise I got from biking added to the flavor of my experience.

The Busy Semester
I am not really that type who ignores complications. I like getting boxed at crossroads. I’m involved in three clubs in my college – Scientia with me as the Editor-in-Chief, IQC which I am the Senior Chairman, and the Student Council as the Legislative secretary. My academic load was heavy also. I had subjects that require more attention – Histology, MOR, and Parasitology. But none of these engagements has ever made me think I’m busy. I have this high tolerance to stress and being busy. :D

Winning the Pagsulat ng Sanaysay
I am not really good in Filipino. I have little knowledge on grammar and vocabulary. But I decided to represent the college in the annual Patimpalak sa Pagsulat ng Sanaysay to test whether I can write in Filipino. It is not good that I write English essays only, I have to write in my language. God has been good again, I placed second.

Teaching High School Seniors
I was invited by INSAN to teach Biology in their SASE Review Program. I had the opportunity to impart some of my knowledge to the young people. It feels good when someone calls you “Kuya” and has actually helped them. The chance of giving them lecture on how they should prepare for SASE and telling them that their performance in SASE defines their college career just felt right.

Trip to Bohol
The Bohol escapade, though it wasn’t that long, was memorable. For once, I had finally traveled via ship. Uhm, I have traveled once by sea but not in a ship rather in a barge. Meeting Ma’am Reizl Jose, a former student of the Biology department and now a professor at Bohol State University, made this trip different. She taught us data gathering in the field.

Scientia 1st Semester Issue
After reading the articles twice, thrice, or more and sure that nothing is wrong, I went to IVORY Publishing house at Iligan and had our paper printed. The good feedback of the students paid my efforts. And I promised to elevate the quality of the paper by publishing more student-friendly articles.

NMAT Result
I hoped for a 90-something score, but right after the exam, I expected of 40-something or less. Considering the unfortunate events that happened to me the night before the exam, I didn’t have high hopes. And I was serious to take the exam next year to redeem myself. Fifteen days of waiting seemed a year of waiting. Part of me was excited to see my score, but a larger part of me was afraid for I believed I’ll get a super low mark. But God has been so so so good, and gave me a super high score, more than what I asked for. It proved that prayer is still the best weapon. :D

I have received more blessings. But too many to mention. :D

Comments

Popular Posts