Goodbye Pink, Hello Orange!

Today was the second part of our Turkish 2nd Orta (Intermediate) Exam which consists of three parts: Reading, Listening, and Writing. The Speaking part was held a day earlier in which we talked about traffic jams and job interview. Of course, for beginners, the exam was extremely difficult especially in the Reading section in which despite my wide reading in the past days, the words seemed so unfamiliar. The grammar also was confusing and the listening section was like intelligible murmurs. Nevertheless, the blue and pink books are now part of the past and the orange book is on its way next week!

Ankara University TOMER Turkish Language Proficiency Program is an 8-month course that consists of three books: Temel (Beginner), Orta (Intermediate), and Yuksek (Master).


The Orta course was full of grammar lessons that most people use in the street. It was a stepping stone to finally understand people at least. We began on jobs of the world and the related vocabulary, sailed through fashion, arts, animals, mythology, and ended in personalities. It was a long 3-month journey. Although I feel like I have improved so little since the first day, the good thing is I can understand a little when Turk talk to one another. Plus, I don't have to ask my classmates on how to say this and that in Turkish. All I have to do is search the Turkish equivalent of an English word and I can write myself the sentence using basic grammar rules.

When I woke up this morning, the first thing that arrived to my mind is RAMEN not the exam! Yes, the popular Japanese cuisine. My friends found a Japanese restaurant and we agreed to go there after the exam. Actually, I have been wanting to go there since Monday. Despite the bad weather, we pursued.

Photo by Bulbulnaz :)



Comments

Popular Posts