To my brothers and sisters in Palestine


My brothers and sisters in Islam,

I will never fully understand how you feel no matter how many articles I read, how many videos I watch and share them in social media, no matter how many times I update my facebook. If I say that I understand your sorrow, the pain in your heart after losing your children in an unprecendented attacks, I would be lying to myself. Your feeling is unimaginable. Maybe I feel a pain in my heart whenever I see pictures of lifeless young children in my newdfeed, a mother crying over the dead body of his teenage son, a father trying to protect his son from the bullets of heartless Israelis soldiers. But the pain I feel is nothing compared to what you harbor in your heart right now in this very dificult times. But my brother, I along with all Muslims around the globe raise our hands and ask Allah (SWT) to help you win your cause, to grant you the strength which you most needed, to make everything easy for you. These we stand for prayer. This our small way to show our support.

Your enemy might possess all the sophistication, the military might, and powerful artillary. But they don't have the right intention. They are occupying your lands making you a second class citizen in your own soil. A man once said in a TV program that you have only two options: either to give in to Israel which is unthinkable or stage an armed resistance. What I see is a resistance. In Allah's merciful blessing, my brother in Allah's perfect time you would be able to liberate your people. Be patient and continue to believe that behind all of these horrific events, the death of your family and friends lies freedom. Your enemy will succumb to defeat soon. That I pray for.

Everyday you are weary of your safety. I don't know how to live a life of uncertainty, a life where you're in danger of being bombed and die instantly even inside your house which you consider the safest because I never lived a life like that. But this I want you to know. Every time I stand for prayer, I ask Allah (SWT) to grant you same feeling of security I feel in the near future. You expect for bombs any time now, but expect also Allah's mercy to befall before you any moment now. Life isn't all about bombs, deaths, and fear. This I want to remind you. Time will come that you will live a life where security, safety, rights, and justice are uphold. Be patient my brother.

This month is the blessed month of Ramadhan. You are supposed to break your fast with your loved ones every day. You are supposed to be reaping the blessings of your fast with happiness and contenment beside your mom, dad, and siblings while you savor your mom's home-cooked dishes. But I know that some of you would never be able to sit in a dining table complete because Israeli's attacks had claimed their lives. This I pray for your steadfastness. An 11-year old boy sent a question to a sheikh and it reads: Does the dust that goes into my mouth due to missiles break my fast? A question that seeks for a simple answer yet for me was heart-breaking. That I wish ease for every Palestinians in this month of fasting and in the months to come.

The world knows your plight but major media organizations are trying to hide the truth from the public by either broadcasting biased reports. They report like as if Israel is the oppressed and you are the oppressors, that Israel attacks against you are justified because they are fighting "a war against terrorists." These media outlets are nothing but a shit. But the world knows the truth, at least a considerable faction of the 8 billions. Facebook has been a great tool in delivering the real events and the truth. This we remember you. They say "A man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter." Yes, in the myopic eyes of Israelis you are indeed a terrorist but for the rest of the world you are a freedom fighter worthy to be recognized and appluaded. 

Around 10,000 have stood in the embassy of Israel in UK to condemn what they believe is genocide. And more organizations will hold similar events like this to inform the rest of the world of your plight and cause. The Isreal has mentioned in a report that no international pressure will make them stop the airstrike. But my brother, remember that even if your enemy continue to deny international pressure, never will we stop invoking it by posting status updates, sharing videos and pictures, and holding demonstrations. There is also a list of companies that support Isreal and some pledge to boycott their products. With this is our very small help. 

My brother, I will end this by a simple prayer: "Ya Allah, grant the people of Palestine your mercy and blessings. Give them the strength and force to defeat their enemies. Make everything easy for them. Comfort those who are in deep sorrow who lost their loved ones." My brother, you are remembered, cared, and loved. That I want you to know. 


Comments

  1. I completely agree with you Rasol but we must do better than only pray to Allah. Our prays have to turn into action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. But every action to resolve a dilemma like this requires political will and I don't have such, the Arab League has along with Arab countries near Palestine. Common people do demonstrations to invoke our leaders to take actions. That's the best we can do. Let's continue to pray though. 😁

      Delete
  2. My brother, I will end this by a simple prayer: "Ya Allah, grant the people of Palestine your mercy and blessings. Give them the strength and force to defeat their enemies. Make everything easy for them. Comfort those who are in deep sorrow who lost their loved ones." My brother, you are remembered, cared, and loved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts