This is Life

And yes, after months of not writing the need to unleash the repressed emotions has come. This time this blog will serve as the punching bag that will receive every little emotional baggage that I am harboring now. And I hope that by the time I press the last key for this entry, I'll have myself back - the me who is focused and willing, goal-oriented and not stupid. 

Life is a crazy battlefield, a fight against one's self. And this where I will start.

Life is also a roller coaster ride and at this moment of my ride, I am struggling to get back on track. And I hope this low ride won't take long. 

Life is like a free flowing river but mine is a murky one that runs so slow and unclear. Where this river is heading to, that I have no idea yet. Maybe in the deepest trench of Pacific ocean.

Life is like a book: for the other chapter to begin, the previous chapter has to come to end. But what if you can't find the right ending for a particular chapter, can you start writing the following the chapter? Was there a published book with an unfinished chapter? And yes, I am stuck in a chapter right now and my writing is not progressing.

Life is like the sunset, it's beautiful but it doesn't last. The dark sets in and you need to refocus your vision in order to see things clearly. Your pupil dilates in order to receive more light, the biological response that helps us to see in the dark. But what if this biological response allows you only to see few meters forward yet the road is kilometer long? This is the time to be afraid.

Life is like a pen and not a pencil with eraser. Your decisions shape your future. But you can't turn back and change your decision once you've made them. Time machines are science fiction. And yes, did I make the right decision? Oh please, time machine please.

Life is like a bookshelf: it has stacks of books of differenf kinds and stories to tell. Some are boring, some are exciting. Why did I pick the boring book? 

Life is like a marker. You highlight things that you want to remember and recall later when the need arises but human memory has limits. Yes you forget them in time. You forget happy memories, triumphant ups, that extraordinary good feeling despite your conscious effort to remember them. Sometimes visualization of your past successes are ineffective to boast your spirit. That's just life.

Life is like a couple. They hug, they kiss, they hold hands, they smile at each other without apparent reason, they compliment each other needs. BUT in time they will fall out of love, they'll break each other's heart, and bitterness will consume them. Life works that way, it doesn't lasts.

Life is like a notebook. You record everything that you want to review later, and if you don't like the way you filled up a page, you can tear it out and start over again. I hope life is like this but no it isn't. 

Life is like a bag pack. You put things inside and carry it with you but the space is limited, you can't carry all the things that you want. I guess I put wrong things into my bag and now it's a mess.

Life is a sticky note. It's a small paper so you have to condensed everything. But some things in life are impossible to express in few words. You need a whole A4 bondpaper or even more to finally put your thoughts at rest.

And I end this entry while staring the darkening sky from the window of our university library with the couple sitting side by side, the bookshelf, books, bags, orange and yellow markers of my tablemate and water bottles.

Comments

  1. Hello Sir, just read all ur articles n comments, i have a query regardingTurkiye Burslari scholarship, as i was called for interview and i tried my level best for this whereas only one thing is missing i.e IELTS now m not sure whether or not they will select me, however i have extraordinary results with highest GPA in Undergrad n Postgrad,
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts